This morning Kayden found me (Mike-yes I am actually updating the family blog, blog-say that ten times and it sure loses it's meaning, kind of like denim) in bed this morning. We could hear that Lord Percivel the Lion Heart, also known Percy, was barking outside. Wanting to get a few more minutes of sleep I told Kade to go tell Percy to be quite. Being the wonderfully obedient son that he is, he went straight down stairs to do so.
By this time Emily had gotten up and was speaking to her mother on the phone. Kade came back up and kept saying "dog". I said, "yes son, you told the dog to be quiet, well done". He then repeated it several more times and wanted to show me something. Wanting to study more of Lehi's dream I told him to just tell me what he wanted to show me, it didn't work for the two year old. He then went out of the room to talk to Emily and told her the same thing, again wanting to show her something.
After a few minutes I heard a loud "is Percy in the house," from the other room. Not many words get my attention so quickly, but the thought of a 75 lb canine rummaging through the living room spurred my attention. I leaped from the bed in a flash and spring for the stairs in a dash. By the time I got downstairs Em had the dog outside, but he had already stealthily taken out: one sandal-Em's favorite pair, a package of baby wipes, our grocery list, and Kade's toy car. Em was just grateful that nothing happened to her sandal, and I am just grateful that I didn't have a gun closer, or else i might have been writing a eulogy right now. (I really do like the dog, after all, he was down there unattended for several minutes and only took out a few items. I think he spent most of his time ready the Ensign that was on coffee, sorry, hot chocolate table. He takes his religion very seriously.)
What we think happened was that when Kade opened the door to shh Percy, he burst in knocky the poor two year old to the ground. All in all it could have been a lot worse. Moral of the story, we should listen to our children.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Yeah...
We should listen!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU EM!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU EM!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EMILY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU EM!
cha cha cha!
We hope you have a super savvy day!
Very funny Mike! I am very proud of you for updating the blog! Hip Hip Hooray
Hey Emily, you know that I check in on your blog all the time. Sorry for not commenting more. If you haven’t all ready you need to go over to Whitneys blog www.raybouldfamily.blogspot.com and check out her post about the baby swimming. It’s the second video. It will blow your mind!!! Talk to you soon.
Sounds like you need some "Dog Whisperer" over there.
lol
Funny post, mike!!
Thanks for walking with us Kinghorn family!
Post a Comment