Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I need to tell everyone

So, last week My sweet cousin had to endure an awful experience. Her adorable 1 yr old had his immunizations, and the next day she couldn't wake him up. for 2-3 days he was seizing and unable to respond. finally through a special miracle he was able to wake up and be somewhat of the baby they new. I am skipping allot of details. But what I feel I need to let people know is that the doctors where able to determine that it was in response to his immunizations that he had received the day before. He then proceeded to say that NO BABY should ever receive no more that 2 shots at a time. (at Hailey's last apt. she received 5 and I will never let that happen again.) The Doctor said they are working on changing the policy. so moms (and dads) you need to stand up for you kids. their body's cant handle so much at once. We are still waiting to see if there are any long term effects for cousins baby. I love that she received such a sweet miracle but I'm sad that she had to watch her sweet boy suffer. OK consider yourself warned.

2 comments:

J♥M said...

That's horrible and so scary! It's so crazy cuz so many kids have handled it (mine have luckily) and how do you know that yours is going to be the one that can't handle it? I sure hope that he's okay! Hopefully the medical world can figure out a more helpful schedule.

Whitney R said...

Yikes. That is horrible. I'm so glad he's okay and so sad his mommy had to go through that. That's sure good to know. Glad to hear your little girl is okay.