Looking at this picture, it might not meant very much to you. but just so you know that is a fireman climbing up a later and that person in the pink?? that is me! My Story begins on Thursday night when My friend Aubrey and I went to go clean a model home. we left about 8:30 and began our usual cleaning routine. nothing was really out of the ordinary till we both walked out onto this balcony and washed the windows. When Aubrey went to go in and said Uh-oh I thought she was joking. we were stranded on the second floor of this random model home. it was a weird feeling knowing that this really could be a big deal, but it was so funny that all I could to to keep from crying was LAUGH about it. it was so funny!! how incompetent are we? we said a prayer, it didn't open- I honestly thought it would. We Flagged a neighbor down who was very sweet checked all the windows and doors, we still weren't in. I luckily had my cell phone and finally called mike and told him the predicament I was in. all he did was laugh. my husband was home with our two kids a asleep and Aubrey's was home his their three. we talked about me climbing down but where would that get me. Mike called his good friend Travis who was so generous to come out and try to rescue us. though he put up a good fight.... so success. soon a Sheriff Pick up drove by that he flagged down, then because they seem to travel in packs another showed up. luckily still no lights to draw attention but quite the crowd forming on the ground. they said they wouldn't be able to break in for us though they were capable. the one said "we need to get these young ladies down" this point it was about 11:15. they decided to call the fire truck to use there ladder. it seem like forever, they soon came along with an ambulance, whom asked us about our well being. everyone was having a good laugh- us included. they soon found the perfect spot for the ladder, one climbed up and was about to escort us down, when they decided they needed to check the door. he then decided that with some "L" tool it would be really easy. after a few terrifying yanks on this tool the door became free. we had to go down and finish giving our information since they decided to file a report. so I don't know what that makes me...
overall it was a very memorable experience. it was so fun, except there was allot of people just watching. I just kept thinking how awful it would be to be an animal in a zoo. Aubrey was a wonderful person to be stranded with. it was fun almost panicking with her. though we didn't receive an instant blessing of the door opening, I feel it was a blessing that it was a great night, great company and well we now have a memory I hope just brought us closer as friends. I am grateful for a blessing such as this one. a fun memory, a funny story and a great friend.
and no one was hurt, though i was really close to trying to climb down... glad I didn't.

6 comments:
hahaha, yes a great memory! I want to know who pulled out the camera, lol. I probably would have tried jumping down, broken my leg, then there would have been lights and more spectators. So.... good thing you didn't climb down cause that might have happened!
I'm so glad it wasn't me!
So glad you're laughing!
Emily!!!!!
This is Becky (your old roomie!!)
How are you? I am so glad that I found you!! my blog is
www.thebarnumfam.blogspot.com
email me@ mablethecow@hotmail.com
your kids are so cute!!!!
What a very funny story! Nothing better than a fun filled adventure with a good friend!
Can't. stop. laughing. Glad everything turned out okay.
Oh my gosh...that is so funny Em! I can just imagine you up there laughing pretty hard about the whole thing. Great story!
Post a Comment