we arrived at the hospital at 8:30 am. Kade was a little confused, especially when we had to put PJ's on him when we had just put clothes on him not 20 min before. but he was a trooper... he was a little nervous

we showed him the TV and he got comfortable really quick. a nurse came in with a bucket of great toys and that made it easier for mike and I to talk to the different doctors and others needing info from us.

it really made the morning
a lot easier to have such fun things to play with and occupy him.

when they took him back he was pretty sad but they said once they let him
push the different
bot tons for the elevator and doors he was better. the doctor came back with this little baggy.. those are
Kade's Tonsil. She said that they were 4 times the size than they should be. she said the
adenoids were the same.

it really has been a wonderful
miracle how much better this day went than i anticipated.
Kayden has been funny to watch, he as been grabbing his nose a little more often... I don't know what this means. he sat there kinda picking his nose, or plugging one nostril than the other, and I finally had to ask him what he was doing. he just had this baffled look on his face. I can't help but wonder that it just might feel
weird being able to breath that much more clear.
a special thanks to Katie for watching Hailey this morning it was great to know she so well taken care of.
and the Mortensons. Mostly trudy for preparing dinner for us. that was really thoughful of you. thank you both.
11 comments:
I'm glad the day went well. I know you were nervous about it.
Wow! those are kind of gross looking tonsils. I hope he recovers quickly.
Wow!! Can't believe that...and I'm sure Kayden was playing with his nose because he could BREATHE...wow...what a great event! Way to go KAYDEN! What a trooper!!
Oh poor little guy. What a trooper. Having your little boy in the hospital is not very fun. Hope he is getting healed up and better. If you need any help let me know... Your kids are darling!!!
If there is anything I can do, please let me know! I make a mean chicken noodle soup! He looks like a trooper.
Yuck on that picture of tonsils in a baggy!
So glad it all went well, and that he finally got those darned things out! I can't believe how big they were - great for him! I hope you guys are doing well.
I'm so glad everything went well for you- that could have been a real rough day! What a trooper. Good luck with the recovery!
Poor guy! It sounds like he's bouncing back well though! What a tough little guy.
I remember when I got my tonsils out, I was 7, and it felt like there was a peach pit stuck in my throat--it was the strangest feeling. The nurse told my mom that it would feel like that for a few days. I guess the absence of the tonsils calles attention to itself that way.
Anyway, it was no fun, but how cool that he did so well!! He's so young to have them out!
So glad that is over with, and that everything went well. Good luck and let me watch your kids!
I am sop glad that he is doing so good. Has it helped with his speech? If you need anything please let me know.
I am so glad everything went well.
Post a Comment