Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Fathers Day



well, I have sad story to share...

this Last weekend we decided to go a cheaper route and not go to mikes work party at lagoon. after adding up all the expenses the day would bring, we decided it really wasn't sounding all that exciting anyway. instead we chose to go on a hike up Provo canyon to Stuart falls. (Mikes a sucker for water falls.) on the way there mike asked me to delete some pictures from the camera so we could take some. we had my younger yet handsome brother ( just a plug Spence for all my single friends out there) with us and we really did have a blast!! both kids did great and so did Kayden and Hailey Ha ha.. I got a little crazy on the way down and by the time we got there I had deleted about a hundred pictures off the camera... then is said battery exhausted. to the really sad part of the story is... Last night mike was saying "it's no big deal, we will just have to hike it again to get some pictures" it was a nice hike, even fun, I promise. but, couldn't he give me a week to recover, then suggest it?? well anyway it looks like we are going again soon. but no we didn't get a single picture from the falls and it was all my fault.

I do want to say to my wonderful husband that even though the dinner was a bust, breakfast in bed was a bust and well all he got for fathers day was Socks.... I love him dearly, he is the best father and husband and best friend that I could ask for. I am always wondering if I really deserve such a wonderful man. thank you and happy fathers day... sorry it was such a bust!

As far at the this picture, I felt pressure to put one up and this one is Kayden faking asleep on his dad pick up.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Chad gota shirt that I bought specifically for our family pictures! I'm sur ehe feels loved as well. I was going to give him 2 other shirts but his mom decided she was goign to but them instead. SOrt of wished she would have told me that before I had started to check out. Anyways. . . the hike sounds fun. I don't need pictures to believe it though so you just tell Mike. Okay I'm kidding! Glad you had fun!

Brian and Amelia said...

So, I've totally done that before, except I DELETED the pictures I had taken. I was devastated, cried in the bathroom for a while. Needless to say, we made the trip again a couple days later, and "re-took" all of the pictures. Nothing replaces the lost ones, though. Sounds like fun, though! That's a great hike!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! Ha that hike sounds like something Ryan would like me to go on... but me being the rude wife that I am....I never go! We need to hang out soon!

Amanda said...

Kal got a jar of mixed nuts, so very exciting!

I love the picture of Kayden asleep on the truck, super cute!

Whitney R said...

Hey Kinghorns! This is Jaren saying hello and hoping that all is well for you guys. Your kids are adorable! I just wanted you guys to know that its not just my wife who checks the blogs I'm always checking. I hope to see ya soon either up here or down there. take care.