10 years ago
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!
For those who don't know, Columbus Day in the States is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. People ask "what do you eat at Canadian Thanksgiving?"... Carabou steak, boiled sugar beats, and mush! have you ever tried to find Carabou Steaks in utah?? So we went with the traditional Turkey, mashed pototoes, gravey homemade rolls, yummy jello salad, and a delicous pumpkin dessert. it really was a treat to celebrate with my brothers and sister inlaw.
Posted by Em at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
So fun, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys! love and miss you all! We should set up a time so Kade and Ty can skype each other sometime this week.
Emily! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Happy Birthday, and Happy that I know you!
Mmmmm, TWO thanksgivings in basically a month.
My SIL, Vicki is Canadian and they go to her parents in Burlington and celebrate. I really am jealous of the two decked out Thanksgiving dinners.
It was really fun getting to visit you guys Saturday :) I'm glad you invited us and we were able to stop by. Wish we had come earlier so we could have chatted some more :)
Oh, and we will have to "finish" (however you do that) a game of Monopoly some time.
oh cananda my home and counry land...could you maybe come over and sing it to me...it would really cheer me up with my bad luck leg...i need a new one, I'm willing to take one from a manequinn...hmmm not a bad idea :) I really like you em and love when we "run" into each other in the hall or anywhere!!! I want Hailey's thighs..oh wait, I already have them@!
Hey any excuse for a Thanksgiving dinner two times a year TAKE IT! Its fun catching up wtih you guys through blogging. Looks like life is great!
What about Canadian Bacon?! That is readily available in Utah eh?
Oh Canada! Well I'm glad you have some Canadian pride left in you, you little half-breed you!
I tagged you on our blog in case you wanted to know.
So I tried to take your stupid test but I didn't get to answer any questions and it gave me a 0...um, excuse me? I can't fail tests that I don't take!
I thought to myself, Kinghorn? That sounds familiar like I should know that person? And low and behold it is my Novus friend!! It's Lisa Perry!! I can't wait to catch up! Blogging is so great! Now I can catch up on some of your sisters, too!
Post a Comment