Monday, November 26, 2007

A successful Thanksgiving

As Salmon family Tradition, we played football on Thanksgiving, Mike was a star. I think they actually tied. we had a fun fill weekend with the Salmons and cousin DeMeesters here. We had the Turkey trot Thursday morning (which consists of running a 5K... I walked, Mike made a fantastic breakfast) breakfast, football to follow and the tons of eating. games in the evening. on Friday the boys went Skeet shooting, while the girls went bowling and then tons of food, we then went up to the lights at temple square, since many of my family hadn't had the opportunity. came home and played more games. Saturday My uncle Wayne was able to snag 6 tickets for the BYU/UTAH football game, so the boys did that while the girls watched Hairspray with John Travolta... interesting movie. after which we played more games, while foot ball was on and just ate more left overs, I think I have enough for the next week so we are happy. we sure had lots of fun. everyone was good to put up with tight space and people everywhere. it was definitely very special and we have so much to be thankful for. we are excited about this upcoming holiday season.



Mike going for the catch... against James

killer, who is going to get it? neither one is watching the ball....








I would flip this upright if I could figure out how. but his is us at the lights.


mom and the girls at the lights, obviously we are missing Kjarsta(with fiance), Rachel and Kathryn, we sure missed you guys.
thank you to all for such a success!!!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well sounds like you guys had a blast of a weekend. I sure wish we could have made it. Invite us next time k! just kidding. Anyway I love that picture of Mike and James not looking at the ball. THat is classic. Also Em You look so great. You are just glowing. Really I am not just saying that. Anyway How was Hairspray? It is funny you guys saw it because that has been a running joke movie between Tim and I for the last week. Live365 plays a song from that movie and we thought by the song that would be, lets say an interesting movie. It was the song "I heard the Bells"

Kathryn said...

Anyway love ya and can't wait to see you guys.

Jed and Kate said...

What fun Thanksgiving you had!! That's great! I bet that was awesome to have your family out to visit! I MISS YOU! Let's talk sometime soon!
-Kate

Lindy Salmon said...

Hello, we are WAY out of the loop. The news has not made it to GA that Kjarsta is ENGAGED?!? Good thing for blogs :)

Lindsey said...

Emily!! This is your old dear friend Lindsey Davis!! How are you?I got to your blog off your sweet sister Kathryn! It is so fun to see you and your little family! congrats on the bun in the oven...and esp. that it is a girl!! how fun for you!! This blogging busniess is so fun:) Mine is Lynsnicole@hotmail.com....talk to you soon!!

Lindsey said...

opps... I am tired:) Lynsnicole.blogspot.com:)