Friday, September 16, 2011

Summer Canada vacation and Grandma and Grandpas house




WE Had a wonderful summer vacation we went up to Canada for the Calgary stampede!! IT was very fun. My camera has a smudge on it so I apologize for the pictures.



Yup, the mounted police really do exist.Claire and I entered a horse pulling contest and won- for that day. basically we work really well together, and our thighs are as strong as a mule. Mike and I sent the kids home with grandma and grandpa and we were able go to the evening show. we were taking the train home and we had the craziest rains storm that actually delayed the trains. so there mike and I were sandwhiched between many people being rained on not being able to move, drunk people whispering in my face - it was an amazing night. this is us finally on the plattform just to find out that the trains are delayed. we didn't get home till 2 am. it was a crazy adventure. did I mention we are SOAKED??? We took the highway to the sun which has beautiful places to stop, they were also doing alot of construction on it. the kids were asleep, so just mike and I got out.

we were able to go to waterton National park and hike Bears Hump which is a hike that I remember doing when I was younger- we would always do it. Hailey hiked up all by herself. It was very windy and at one point we let go of hailey and she litterally did blow away a little. she began to cry. it was scary. colter just checking out the goffers there were tons of them. old Faithful- we made our way to yellowstone national park and stayed at mikes grandpa's cabin.










Hailey got a pretty big sliver and she was so brave. isn't she cute?


four days after we came home from Canada, Claire and I went and loaded up the car and drove to Washington, where we were able to do some really fun things with grandma and grandpa, we went camping with them to thier ward campout. This is our tent. we also went tubing at the Ensign ranch, Colt entertained everyone and got cake all over his face.
we played with cousins, Hailey and Camile playing dress up at cousin Jacquelines house. We did lots of other things like we went crabbing and caught 7 crab and ate them. went swimming at great grandmas pool, and many more things but I wasn't awesome taking pictures, I am just happy we made it home ALIVE.









0 comments: