Thursday, June 10, 2010

ah mothers

I apologiz that there are no pictures, camera on the fritz again. I wanted to share a sad/funny story.
yesterday was a particular rough day for me and kayden. we were butting heads all day! I'd ask him to stop hurting his sister he would do it more, I would ask him to help me he would ignore or even say no! needless to say we were not getting along. I was running out of toys and privaledgs to take away. (it was a bad day) you could tell we were both RAW. to add to my frustration I didn't get dinner made in time for kades soccer game. it took us 20 min to get in the car and then 1/2 hour to get to the game ( that part was normal, but we were late so it feels worse). mike calls cause he is meeting us there and i was trying in code to tell him how frustrated i was. all of a sudden I look back and kade is out cold. panick goes through my body, kade like soccer just not infront of people so getting him to play is already a sticky situation... add ontop of that waking him up? this was a bad combination. we get there he doesn't go in until the second half- while holding mikes had- I am still in a bad mood but keeping it to myself. (kade actually played awesome -when he played) mike was sweet and said I should take the car home (no kids) and he took the van home. I went straight to the church for enrichment (I know it's not called that but I don't know what to call it). anyway it was a great lesson and many messages but basically the entire time I was thinking about my Kayden at home. I felt bad that I wasn't more patient with him. I rushed home, hopeing he wasn't in bed yet. I opened the garage, out came Kayden runny to greet me. I opened my car door and he hopped in on my lap. I said " kayden I need to say sorry, i wasn't a very good mom today" and then kayden said " sorry mom I wasn't a very good boy today" I almost burst into tears. we hugged and then everything seemed better. today was much better. the break last night was what I need to be recharged. It is amazing to me how much he is growing up. I love you Kayden.

10 comments:

Nick and Val said...

That is such a sweet story. I am glad it ended how it did! You are such a great mom!

J♥M said...

I'm so glad that you had a better day!

Stephanie said...

Oh I was going to say too he wont remember the "rough day" he will remember that his mom was good enough to admit that even moms mess up! I am so impressed!

Stephanie said...

I love those moments when you can admit it was a rough day and you messed up and that you apologized. You are an amazing mom!

Becky said...

oh Em... this sounds just like the post that I just did yesterday. What is it with these little 4 year olds?? You seem to have handled it alot better than I did though. How do you keep your bad mood to just yourself? When I am in a bad mood, everyone knows it!!

The Payne Family said...

We sure do love Kayden!! He is such a good, sweet little boy! You are a wonderful mom and moments like that definitely make it all worth it!! :)

Kathryn said...

I see I am not the only one that hasn't posted anything recently. :) Can't wait to see you guys. Tell Mike I just saw his comment and I did the class for my concealed permit but I haven't turned the paper work in. I dragged my feet because my gun is not allowed in CA because it carries 16 shots. And since I will be in CA for about a week before Utah I didn't want to risk having it in the car with me. So no I will not be bringing it out across the country. I have mixed feelings about that. :( but I would love to shoot your new shot gun!!! That is awesome!

spideybrian said...

Oh many, I understand what you mean completely...except that Isaak isn't old enough to say the "Sorry I wasn't a very good boy today" part. I'm glad you got your break!

Miss you!!

KarliSue said...

Emily,

Just thinking about you! Love you Miss you

Unknown said...

sweet story, sweet boy! I miss you guys!