Friday, May 14, 2010

spring is here

With Spring comes alot more work outside. Mike was working on the sprinklers outside, most of our neighbors were, and kade and neighbor friends Payton, go get there suits on and begin running through them. it wasn't particularly a warm night, but there was water- I thought it was nice that he thought to put it on. oh and by the way this is like 9:00 at night. it was DARK OUT!

Kade had a birthday, april 30, HE is now 4 years old. he was pretty excited for his birthday. I thought I was pretty organized that day, he got a new bike (thanks cousin Jace) and Lincoln logs, a slip n slide, water gun, and another dart gun. it was a great birthday. I will have to admit I slacked on the cake. he wanted a soccer cake- happy too, but just ran out of time... so I added blue coloring to a store baught icing, and did my best free hand... not so good. HE didn't mind and we ate it -3 min later.
Ah Hailey- she has such a sweet tooth- I don't know where she gets it. ..

for kades birthday we went swimming, and it was so much fun. Kade loves the water- we just need to get him in swimming lessons now so he doesn't drowned.


Robert, Amber and family came- it was very fun.


Last weekend- it was a nice weekend, thus it was jammed packed with fun things. Among which we went on a hike, to some hot springs in spanish fork canyon. it was very fun. the hike it's self wasn't bad... but when you have a double jogging stroller filled to the brim with kids and everything you need for an over night stay in guam- you have a little bit of a problem. the kids were troopers, mike developed 10 new muscle he didn't have before just pushing/carring the kids and I learned why I have always watched my feet when hiking- so I don't fall down. this whole balance issue isn't quite what that exciting.

these were the falls we hiked up to, and the water was very warm- in some places really hot! we decided that we are going to do it without kids and no time constraints - it's hard to enjoy a hike when you are running the last mile of it so you can get home for another commitment- thats the last time I will believe spencer and his "2 hours tops" I think it was 2 hours to get up there for us. ... WE HAD KIDS


and this is a picture I just took today- very up todate- Colter Bruce Kinghorn is still such a sweet baby. I love holding him, all my kids, he is really smiley, I wanted to take a picture of him smiling but he had already fallen asleep.
I love my kids.







3 comments:

byufish said...

Emily I feel like I've missed all the stuff in your life lately...I have a project that has become a monster...what I thought would take me six weeks looks like it will take 3 months!! Maybe by the reunion I'll have more time to come over and visit and play with your kids and watch you walk around watching your feet!! You're amazing though. LOVE YA TONS!!

Trudy said...

YAH! For warm weather. Loving the hot springs!!

Sara said...

I thought Colter was a picture of Kade as a baby!!!!!! THEY LOOK SO ALIKE TO ME! That pool looks awesome! Where is it?! Hope you all are doing well! Sure love you!!